We are have an exciting role for a talented and experienced design visionary to build, manage and lead the marketing and brand design team at one of the world's hottest analytics startups. This special individual will drive creative direction for the company's entire global marketing output, leading a core design and production team in San Francisco and working with agencies and production vendors around the world. The Creative Director will report to the EVP Marketing, lead the marketing design team and as a senior leader within the organization will work closely with product marketing, online marketing and product management heads.
- Take full ownership and creative direction and vision for App Annie's brand and global marketing output
- Direct and drive vision for a variety of marketing design outputs across web, mobile apps, print collateral, branded schwag, viral video and much more.
- Ensure that App Annie's brand vision meets the needs of the company's strategic goals, customer verticals and roadmap.
- Hire, recruit, manage and motivate the design team, including web designers, graphic designers and web developers.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Digital Producer who will manage process, resourcing and timelines.
- Manage the relationship and budget with all design agencies or freelance vendors.
- Oversee the quality control of all design and production, ensuring that all marketing or brand output meets the standard that you set.
- Work closely with the product and UX teams to ensure consistent brand execution across all product interfaces.
We're looking for a design visionary who wants to re-apply their expertise to one of the hottest startups in the apps space. Your unrivalled design expertise is complemented by your passion for technology and your mature understanding of the business world, and how design can drive revenue even in a B2B environment. You are not a design diva, you're a genuine leader with a mature approach to the role of design in shaping a company's future. And you've spent the last decade of your career training, nurturing and developing designers around you. Not only are you brilliant at what you do, but you make designers around you fifty percent better by supporting and encouraging their ideas within a clear framework for success.
- 10+ years' design experience with a marketing background - preferably experience working with technology brands and/or startups.
- You don't consider yourself to just be a designer - you're a design entrepreneur that is motivated to join a high-growth startup that's actually going places.
- Platform-neutral: you are comfortable working on any format. Mobile, web, email, print, packaging, video, animation, illustration, 3D, 2D, pixel art - you've done it all and you want to do more.
- Can objectively and passionately design for different target audiences and brands. Your design prowess can make App Annie the analytics brand of choice amongst Silicon Valley hackers and Wall Street bankers.
- Inspirational team leader - you get the best out of other designers and they respect you for that
- Clarity of judgment - you make wise design judgments that are objective, imaginative and always by design
- Great presenter and communicator - you are extremely articulate when it comes to talking about creative work and design logic. You can effortlessly communicate the business logic behind a design to management executives.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe PS, AI, Acrobat and 3D.
- Attention to detail - you are disciplined in your design and expect the same of designers you work with. No pixel has not been thought about and considered.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Impressive portfolio of past work, including projects in the technology and B2B space.